It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:49 pm 

I recently came across the work of a local artist who makes fibreglass "Stone Slabs" in 3 differing sizes and 4-5 different colours. I saw a couple of them, and was very impressed.
They are very well designed, with ample drainage holes and tie-down points, for trees. The surface finish on them is very good; very realistic in appearance. I must try to find ut more about his distribution network.
A freeform "slab", 1 metre long x 0.5 metre wide, weighs about a kilogram (2.2lb). They are a blessing, after the lumps of stone I've had to contend with in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:01 am 

Hi Jerry, further to the discussion of the limber pine with the long jin; I don't think you should shorten the jin at all. To me that long jin is the unique feature of the tree. Although the jin is straight and you have given the new live top some curves, you have correctly kept them somewhat subtle.
I do think the long jin is too thick and lacks taper, but that can easily be corrected with some carving, while leaving the length and giving it a bit of movement. If I knew how to post a picture with this I would do a virtual of what I mean.
Regards,
Roger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:59 am 

Well put, Roger. No-one has really come to that conclusion in the thread, so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:26 pm 

Roger,
How about I save this for when you come over and we can work on carving that long section and if it does not look good then we can shorten it?
Jerry

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:54 pm 

Jerry Meislik wrote:
Roger,
How about I save this for when you come over and we can work on carving that long section and if it does not look good then we can shorten it?
Jerry

Sounds good Jerry. I'll warm up the die grinder. :-)
Roger

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3