It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:15 pm 

CONGRATULATION TO ALL THE WINNERS !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:43 am 

CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners, and a BIG THANKS to the organizers and judges.
Shaukat

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:22 am 

Al Keppler wrote:
I might like to ask how long before names and scores will be added to the remaining trees? There is a bald cypress forest I am especially interested in.

Al,
The names, scores, and comments are currently being added to the entry threads, we have Europe done and the last half of the North American entries. Needless to say this is a tedious task but one that we have on the top of the list now that the winners have been posted.
We really need to thank Behr Appleby, a new member of the editorial team here at AoB, for this and all the work he has taken upon himself to help with this contest. He has proved himself to be a valuable member of the team and the tasks, such as adding the info to the entry threads, are often thankless. Thanks Behr!

Will

Post subject: Re: Thank you!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:27 am 

Janet Roth wrote:
...I didn't particularly expect it....

That is always the best way to win! Congratulations on your Best North American Bonsai win Janet, the White Pine is truly remarkable and deserved the scores it received. I am also very happy to see that a female (a group sorely underrepresented in the contest) took the time and the effort to submit an entry.
Well done,

Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:55 pm 

I would also like to thank everyone concerned for their hard work organising this contest.
I was surprised, and delighted for my tree to be awarded a prize, but I really wanted to thank the judges for their honest opinion on all the trees, I found it very useful when assessing my own trees to see their comments, and next year, when hopefully the contest will be repeated, I will be able to improve my trees, and take better photo's.
John Pitt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:25 pm 

Congratulations to all the participants and especially the winners.
Many thanks to the judges, the sponsors, and the staff of AoB for all their hard work.
I have enjoyed following the drama that has surrounded this contest from the very beginning. There have been many varied and colorful opinions posted about this contest and the possibility of a one sided victory.
One opinion that seems to have been debunked is that the Europeans have access to better material. I find it very ironic that the Overall winner was a native North American species designed by Walter Pall.
Mr. Pall, I tip my hat to you. You are an inspiration to all.
Best wishes,
Paul J. Katich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:38 pm 

Walter has always said that North America has the best quality collectable stock, he has always debunked those who claimed Europeans or Asians somehow had magical access to better stock, and now he slaps us upside the head with a European win, created from North American collected stock.
But Wait, the best North American tree was a Japanese White Pine!

Am I the only one laughing?

Will

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2