|Contest Documents and Statistics
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Will Heath [ Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:02 am ]|
|Post subject:||Contest Documents and Statistics|
We have compiled a few statistics of the contest that we find interesting and hope that others will also.
There were 124 North American entries
There were 74 European entries
With a total of 198 entries, 62.6% of the entries were from North America, leaving only 37.4% from Europe.
Most of the entries were from male artists, with just a minute minority being from women, yet a woman won the Best Overall Bonsai category.
Of the 124 North American entries 25 (20%) were in the Shohin category, 20 (16%) were in the Forest, Saikei, Penjing, or Planted on Rock category, and 79 (64%) were in the regular bonsai category.
Of the 74 European entries 36 (49%) were in the Shohin category, 5 (7%) were in the Forest, Saikei, Penjing, or Planted on Rock category, and 33 (44%) were in the regular bonsai category.
For reasons of transparency and openness concerning the North America vs Europe Photo Contest, we have attached the original score sheets of our judges as well as the final score sheet which combines all of them together below for public viewing. We have also attached the code sheet we used to keep track of the entrants and the code used to mark the entry for reasons of keeping the contest ?blind.?
The attachments are in MS Word format for ease of use by everyone. Please note that the final score sheet is unchanged and still contains notes, highlights, and such as added when we were tallying the scores to determine the winners.
Please take a moment today and help us thank all of the people, sponsors and entrants that made this contest the success it is by dropping by our thank you thread and posting a word or two. http://artofbonsai.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1151
The editorial staff of AoB
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group