It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kusamono: Briza maxima
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:42 pm 
Editor

Here's another experiment with showing just one portion of a planting. I don't know if this one counts as a kusamono photograph at all, because no part of the pot is visible in this shot. Still, I liked the form and line on this one.
Thoughts?

The annual grass Briza maxima, in early July.
Best regards,
Carl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:39 pm 

Mr. Carl,
Whether this photo would be considered as 'kusamono' or not would certainly be debatable...As to whether it is 'photographic art' or not, I personally do not think there is a question...To me this photo is definitely a work of art...The line and form are indeed pleasing to behold, the color combinations are superb, and the overall effect is pleasant and comforting...This is a museum quality photograph...
Regards
Behr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:35 pm 

I really like it Carl,
The lighting, the lines. However, I'm sure it's not kusamono out of context. If you tell us that it's in a pot, then we believe you. But just floating around in cyberspace, it's a darn good plant photography.
I really enjoy how you bring out the subtle beauty of different little pieces of grass and such. It's really intriguing. All my life I go about just seeing grass, but I never really stop to realize that each blade of little weed, can in it's own right be beautiful.
michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:39 pm 
Editor

Carl,
This is just a stunning photograph. Haven't seen too many like this within the subject matter.
I couldn't tell that it's kusamono, unless you told me so. Therefore, I don't consider it a kusamono.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:45 pm 

Carl, this really is a stunning photograph. Absolutely superb.
I wonder if you're familiar with the book 'Art forms in the plant world' by Karl Blossfeldt? It's a wonderful series of close up nature photos that were taken in the late 1920s, that is similar to what you're doing. Except you have the added dimention of color at your disposal.
-Cody

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:58 pm 

Carl,
A mind blowing photograph indeed! It should be appreciated for it's shear beauty.
Shaukat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]